hdmi out

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Sun Aug 18 01:26:40 EDT 2013

On 18/08/13 17:05, Barry Vercoe wrote:
> OK, with tail -f ... messages, I do see a burst of messages and the
> projector shows the exact screen.  But only for 15 seconds, when the
> projector then goes blank and reverts to _No Signal_ until I touch
> something on the XO like the screen, track pad or some key.  Apparently
> the XO has stopped sending hdmi signals, so the projector is reporting
> exactly that.

When the display goes blank, does the power light start flashing to
indicate the laptop has gone to sleep?

Try turning off power saving in the settings. When I was testing, the
power saving automatically turned off when I plugged in an external
display and turned on again when I unplugged it, but perhaps this isn't
working on your laptop?