Headphone volume adjustment

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Aug 16 14:39:37 EDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Mark Brown <broonie at sirena.org.uk> wrote:
> Do you know if a mainline kernel will actually run sensibly on your
> system?  I have a XO-1.75 (this was part of the reason I was looking)
> but I'm mostly interested in advancing the state of the art.

I am working on that at the moment, there are some arch patches needed
(DT bindings and so on) and the Marvell maintainers are not being
overly responsive. It is progressing though, I will try to remember to
send you an email when it can be booted easily on mainline.

>> 3 of us have already spent a considerable amount of time on the
>> routing issue with little progress :/  Manually validating the links
>> between the components against the spec seems to be a very time
>> consuming process and prone to human error. Maybe you have some
>> suggestions or tools to help on that front. The issue is that upon
>> playback, nothing is reproduced, and the dapm files in sysfs show that
>> almost everything on the codec is powered down.
>
> Hrm, no issues reported upstream with this :(

Thanks for the pointers - those scripts look like they will help find
the problems.

Daniel