XO-tablet development? [Devel Digest, Vol 90, Issue 8]

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Tue Aug 13 14:41:38 EDT 2013

On Aug 13, 2013, at 1:09 PM, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:

>>> Paul wrote:
>>> If not, which way the tablet/laptop development team is heading?
>>
>> don't know, sorry.
>
> OK, thanks.
> Hopefully someone that does will care to comment.

It is lack of accurate knowledge of the future, not caring,
that keeps me from commenting.

> The current  laptop and tablet implementations  differ significantly and would be important  to have an indication where the (limited) resources should be deployed .

How would you devote resources to the tablet ?   It is closed source.

There is an attempt within the Sugar (and OLPC) community to move
the educational environment to HTML, where it can be used on both
Android (tablet) and Linux (laptop).   That is where I would suggest
deploying resources.

Cheers,
wad