olpc-os-builder

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 12 20:50:06 EDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-08-13 at 09:48 +1000, James Cameron wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 06:44:09PM -0500, Jerry Vonau wrote:
> > >
> > > No, olpc-os-builder has worked fine when I tried it this morning on a
> > > similar build.
> > >

> > It's working for me now also. grrr gremlins ;)
>
> Yes.  I would prefer if olpc-os-builder could operate in two modes;
> one where it did all the downloads, and a separate one where it can be
> used offline.  This is what I did for mktinycorexo.

That is what I was leaning towards when I was looking at doing an
offline mode, like the staged pungi steps in olpc-xs-builder[1]. Use
yumdownloader --resolve to populate and create a single yum repo for use
in the image.

You could fake this by reusing the cache, run createrepo against the
cache directory holding the cache and use a single file:/// yum repo
statement in the ini file, commenting out the online repos. Now that OOB
caches activities just have to stop cleaning out the temp directory
between runs. Think I brought that up when --cacheonly was introduced.

Jerry

1. http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/olpc-xs-builder/