Sugar in a chroot?

Andrew McMillan andrew at morphoss.com
Wed Aug 7 05:31:39 EDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-08-06 at 21:37 -0700, Sameer Verma wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 7:18 PM, Chris Ball <chris at printf.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 07 2013, Sameer Verma wrote:
> >> 2) If we can run Android on the XO-4, then Fedora/Sugar can run in a
> >> chroot. That gives us Sugar and Android on the XO-4.
> >
> > Well, if it was that easy, we'd all be running Ubuntu desktops on our
> > Android phones already, right?
> >
> > The graphics system gets in the way -- you can't run X on top of
> > Android, yet Gtk depends on X, and Sugar depends on Gtk.
> >

> Thanks. I've been running Debian on a Android phone, but I access
> GNOME over VNC from a different computer. Wonder if a VNC viewer on
> the Android phone itself would show me the UI.

Hi Sameer,

There is also:

https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=au.com.darkside.XServer

however I have not tried it and have no idea how complete it is.

Cheers,
						Andrew.
andrew (AT) morphoss (DOT) com                         +64 (2) 7233 2426
          Reality is just a convenient measure of complexity.
                           -- Alvy Ray Smith