Updating from 31035o[0,2] to 32002o[0,2]

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Apr 16 18:40:37 EDT 2013

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 11:13 PM, Yioryos Asprobounitis
<mavrothal at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On the XO-1 olpc-update failed on 2 consecutive attempts  with different manifest error each time.
> In both case when was getting tight on disk space.
> The update requires significant free space (more than 250MB) and time (more than 2 hours).
> Maybe olpc-update from 13.1.0 to 13.2.0 is un-realistic for the XO-1.
> It requires major cleanup and Activity/Library deletions before attempted.

Maybe so. Sounds like a similar situation to previous major upgrades.

> On the XO-1.75 the update finished eventually (in more than an hour) OK. Updated the firmware upon reboot fine.
> Software update found all the activities "up to date".
> I'm assuming the G1G1 Activities list is not updated to include Journal Share, Music Keyboard, Paint-57 etc.

Yes, that will happen later.

> Though I can not tell if it was because of the update or the (manual) installation of Music Keyboard, the XO-1.75 had no sound (not because was no "mute" ;).
> This persisted through reboots and was fixed after running `alsamixer -V all' (without changing any setting).

There were sound problems on 13.1.0 build 2 on XO-1.75, although I
can't explain why alsamixer changed anything (I couldn't reproduce
this fix). Anyway, this is fixed in newer builds. I just tested an
upgrade from 13.1.0 build 35 to 13.2.0 build 4 on XO-1.75 and sound is
working as usual.

Thanks.
Daniel