downtime Monday 2013-04-08

Richard A. Smith richard at
Thu Apr 4 16:42:42 EDT 2013

OLPC has has an upgrade of planned but it always
seems to be in use when we try to schedule.  Switching the machines
requires a full backup and then restore with the database off-line so
there will be a service outage.

Since there is no best time I've declared that we just go ahead and do it.

Monday, 2013-04-08 will respond with an error to
any activation requests.  It should be back up and running normally on
Tuesday. 2013-04-09.

Moving to the new hardware should help with decreasing the time when
large chunk of lease renewals is requested.

Richard A. Smith  <richard at>
One Laptop per Child