F18/os4 on XO-1 [Devel Digest, Vol 79, Issue 37]

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 30 13:39:13 EDT 2012

> The "Fly away Peter, fly away Paul" release.
>
> THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT RELEASE
>
> This is the first release adding support for the XO-4

I do not have an XO-4 but I tried 31004 on XO-1 and XO-1.75 and besides some, I assume Gtk3 related, sugar issues present in both machines, there are some XO-1-specific issues.

Record activity freezes the machine to the point that it needs a hard reboot.
Browse crashes almost in every site but the home screen and google.
In Paint the brash really lags behind making it hard to paint, while using the bucket takes for ever.
Mouse keeps disappearing in implode (in the "difficult" level) making game "unpleasant".
I do not know if these are Sugar or OLPC bugs, so here we areā€¦

BTW The explanatory text in the pallets submenu in TurtleArt, does not fit in the defined space.