Using ext4 usb drive to go to 13.1.0

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Sep 23 22:09:30 EDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 09:37:57PM -0400, Samuel Greenfeld wrote:
> The final version of 13.1.0 (os21) only ships with Q4D17 for XO-1.75
> (Q3C07 for XO-1.5, Q2F12 on XO-1).
>
> I am aware that at least one USB glitch (#12034 on XO-1.5) is
> present in the final release, but given this seemed non-fatal the
> release freeze was not lifted to take a new firmware build.
>
> If you believe updated firmware builds are required if we release a
> 13.1.1 build (and not just 14.1.0) I would recommend filing a
> ticket.

To answer your question as to whether updated firmware builds are
required ... with corrected versions ...

For a potential 12.1.1 release:

- Q4D21 fixes Bruno's problem, which will occur when an upgrade to
  13.1.0 is tried, or when a developer key is placed on USB drive, and
  this may affect others, though at the moment I've only heard of two
  instances; Bruno and Bert,

- Q4D18 through to Q4D21 did add other new features and fix a few
  other problems, but I don't think any of them are critical for
  12.1.1,

For the 13.1.0 release:

- Q4D21 is already included, and is the latest, and appears to work,

- a device-tree reworking is in progress which will likely require
  something later than Q4D21.  Chris, Andres, and Mitch are on top of
  that, I gather.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/