Using ext4 usb drive to go to 13.1.0

James Cameron quozl at
Sun Sep 23 21:36:02 EDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 08:04:53PM -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 19:55:28 -0500,
>   Bruno Wolff III <bruno at> wrote:
> >
> >I also didn't have two sources of power when I did the fs-update to 13.1.0,
> >so maybe that's why the open firmware is still at Q4D17.
> Yep. As soon as I rebooted with two sources of power open firmware
> was updated to Q4D21. I don't see the problem with Q4D21.

Thanks.  Ignore my requests for further testing.

Means we fixed it between Q4D17 and Q4D21.  Very little changed over
that range, so I think it was a USB drive compatibility fix in SVN

We won't be able to fix this further.  Laptops with Q4D17 won't work
properly with these particular USB flash drives.  But once upgraded,
they will.

James Cameron