Using ext4 usb drive to go to 13.1.0

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Sep 23 21:36:02 EDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 08:04:53PM -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 19:55:28 -0500,
>   Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> >
> >I also didn't have two sources of power when I did the fs-update to 13.1.0,
> >so maybe that's why the open firmware is still at Q4D17.
>
> Yep. As soon as I rebooted with two sources of power open firmware
> was updated to Q4D21. I don't see the problem with Q4D21.

Thanks.  Ignore my requests for further testing.

Means we fixed it between Q4D17 and Q4D21.  Very little changed over
that range, so I think it was a USB drive compatibility fix in SVN
3015.

http://tracker.coreboot.org/trac/openfirmware/changeset/3015

We won't be able to fix this further.  Laptops with Q4D17 won't work
properly with these particular USB flash drives.  But once upgraded,
they will.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/