Fixing GNOME3 "regressions" in 13.1.0

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Sep 21 15:46:23 EDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 7:46 PM, Martin Langhoff
> <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Last week, we heard feedback on 12.1.0 from a deployment, asking "why
>> did you lock down GNOME so much? it's unusable!".
>>
>> Today, I see this bug report, essentially pointing out 'regressions'
>> in our GNOME desktop - http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/12118

Its not really clear what they want on that ticket. If they just want
the nautilus-driven desktop back, its easily doable.

But its not clear to me if we want to do that by default (is that what
you are suggesting?). There is a good amount of support for removing
one layer of complexity from the desktop environment.

Daniel