Completely disable buildt-in WLAN

Kevin Gordon kgordon420 at
Tue Sep 18 10:25:50 EDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 6:25 PM, James Cameron <quozl at> wrote:

> I have a vague memory of achieving this by renaming the firmware file
> out of /lib/firmware ... but I haven't tested this recently.

Alas, outside of the firmware I loaded for the new USB devices,
/lib/firmware looks pretty darn vacant on the XO 1.5 Build 12.1.0.    A
search for libertas.fw turned up nada.  Maybe we do things a little
differently than what vanilla F17 expects for this.  On the other hand, the
grep for libertas did turn up other file suffixes, but I'm not comfortable
renaming things I don't know;  that would be a tad random for a
risk-adverse user space guy :-)

Also, since the firmware modules for my new gadgety devices are installing
themselves into /lib/firmware through their provided install rpm's, this
might be why they dont work either!  Again, not a priority, more of an
observation at this time.