OLPC build creation failed

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Thu Sep 13 21:40:19 EDT 2012

martin wrote:

 > TBH, I have never seen any OS image builder / composer in the Linux
 > world that works cross platform.

which isn't to say that we don't make extensive use of cross-compiling
in development.  i think all of our dev kernels are cross-compiled,
and probably most of us use cross-tools wherever we can, if only to
avoid the jump to a different build machine.  coming from the embedded
world (even embedded linux), where cross-development is a way of life,
i was surprised how reliant distro development is on native builds.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org