[OLPC-AU] Testing Summary - Auckland 13 October 2012

Deepak Muddha deepak at laptop.org.au
Tue Oct 16 01:10:29 EDT 2012

Hi all

All the bugs, enhancements were recorded in the system.

https://sugardextrose.org/issues/2428

https://sugardextrose.org/issues/2460

https://sugardextrose.org/issues/2461

https://sugardextrose.org/issues/2462

https://sugardextrose.org/issues/2463

> Screencast encoding was very slow.

Can you tell us  approximately how much time it was taking for a video to
encode in all three formats(low, medium,high)
https://sugardextrose.org/issues/1285

https://sugardextrose.org/issues/2469

https://sugardextrose.org/issues/2470

https://sugardextrose.org/issues/2464

https://sugardextrose.org/issues/2465

> Both One Education builds ask for the users age when you first start
> the laptop but you cannot enter an age with the keyboard, you have to
> use the clickers or the arrow keys.

This was an expected behaviour.

https://sugardextrose.org/issues/1592

https://sugardextrose.org/issues/2466

https://sugardextrose.org/issues/2468

https://sugardextrose.org/issues/2467

> XO-4 running 13.1.0 for XO-1.4 (build 5), firmware Q7B01
> Startup sound has a raspy quality, pressing reasonably hard on the
> right hand speaker grille seems to make it much better.
>
> This laptop didn't shut down properly (perhaps because the shutdown
> screen isn't always correctly understood) and stayed on in the bag. It
> doesn't seem to have suffered from this.
>
> Touchscreen has an offset which makes using it quite difficult. Is
> there any further protection for the screen planned? It doesn't feel
> as robust to impact as any tablet I've used, and the matt finish looks
> like it might collect scratches.
>
> There is a slight misalignment between the game key holes and the game
> keys. This doesn't seem to stop them working. The front panel finish
> is glossy with faint tool marks, while the finish on the rest of the
> laptop is textured.
>
> The rotate button doesn't do anything
>
> Write works
>
> Get Books works but doesn't show icon as being coloured after you use it
>
> Read works
>
> Wikipedia didn't load any pages, it looked like it started to progress
> but it didn't
>
> Maze works
>
> Browse works but clicking in the dark areas of the scroll bar causes
> the screen to scroll to that absolute position rather than one
> screenful up or down.
>
> Thanks testers

Thanks & Regards
Deepak