XO-1.5's sudden death - oven resurrected!

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Oct 16 00:26:02 EDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 09:09:07PM -0700, Yioryos Asprobounitis wrote:
> Having said that, in cases like the XO boards I think that we could
> and *should* know, at least the chemicals involved

Means that for each assembly, down to component level, the materials
would have to be determined, along with the expected outgas, and then
compared against a food safety standard.  We might have to start
several new production processes for components in order to meet
standards for edibility and kitchen equipment safety.

I estimate the cost per laptop would rise by a factor of 1000 or so.

I'm sorry, but we cannot afford this kind of ideal.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/