SD Card bug? XO 1.75 (Repeat post)

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 8 15:02:34 EDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-08 at 21:12 +0530, RJV wrote:
> Hi Jerry,
>

> Is this a response to my question? If yes, mine is a XO 1.75 C2 and
> since I am new to Sugar and OLPC, I am not very good at the various
> versions.
>

> What I can tell you is that I have been through the Network Manager
> but it asks for details (like username, password etc) that are needed
> when I use the 3G dongle on a Windows box and which are not provided
>  by the provider (India telecom provider - Airtel)
>

> I thought of using the wvdial to set it up but do you mean that I can
> plug in the dongle and it will plug and play? I did not want to try it
> because of the mishap with the SD card.

yes, plug and configure anyway. while in sugar right click on your XO's
name -> "my setting" -> "power" un-check the checked box, click on the
check in the upper right corner to save the change.

click on "modem" and enter only the need info for your ISP, click on the
check in the upper right corner to save the change. Click on the X in
the upper right corner to exit "my settings"

Jerry