[Techteam] 13.1.0 devel build 5 released, for the XO-1, XO-1.5, XO-1.75 and XO-4

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 08:54:37 EDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 8:04 AM, Gary Martin <garycmartin at googlemail.com> wrote:

>> Are the layouts each in a distinct set of files? If so we could possibly split out layouts to standalone packages to make it easy to add extras at a later date.
>
> Yes the language layouts are a distinct set of XML files in one directory. They can be edited live on running system, so it's not like they really need to be part of maliit-plugins build compilation.

If the OLPC OS build creators (e.g. dsd) do not plan to include all of
these files in "stock" releases, then we should definitely look at
incorporating them into language packs installs.

Just like with L10n MO files there may be good reasons (mostly size in
image) not to include them all, but in a such a case  we definitely
want to make them easy to find and easy to install, without much
technical knowledge, or even knowledge that they even exist.

With a little tweaking of the language pack generating script,

http://git.sugarlabs.org/pootle-helpers/mainline/trees/master/langpackgen

the language packs could serve that purpose.

cjl
Sugar labs Translation Team Coordinator