Xo1.5 crashes

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sun Oct 7 22:21:09 EDT 2012

On 10/07/2012 03:22 PM, Andres Aguirre wrote:
> In the case that alan is describing with the XO 1.5 the arduino was
> connected to the power supply.

See if interposing a __powered__ hub between the XO-1.5 and the arduino
will make a difference.

--------

WARNING:  I have encountered powered USB hubs that have VIOLATED the USB
specification - they can emit power on the SMALL socket that normally is
used for the USB cable that connects to the computer.
It is my understanding that only the LARGE sockets are supposed to be
able to supply power to the connected device.

[I do not know what kind of USB socket the arduino has.]

IIRC, Richard warned about connecting an XO's USB socket to any USB
device where that devices's USB socket can emit power (that sets up a
condition where a non-XO device can try to send power to the XO -- which
is a no_no).

mikus