[Sugar-devel] [TRANSIENT ISSUE] 3G-Modem not being recognised

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sat Nov 24 00:16:53 EST 2012

On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 10:31:16AM +0530, RJV wrote:
> Thanks, James/Tony. But that works, too, fine. The mobile icon plus
> the frame presence is ok.

So you have tried but cannot reproduce the problem identified by Ajay,
where the icon does not appear if (a) a USB flash drive is present at
boot, and (b) the modem is present at boot?

Or just not tried?  I don't mind either way, I only seek to
understand Ajay's problem.

> Another thing, though, that I have noticed is,
>
> With the 3G USB stick in, after Disconnec-ting and Remove-ing (with
> PM off) when I select Shut Down, it does not shut down normally. I
> have to Power off the system.

Sounds very different problem.

> XO 1.75 - 3.1, 12.1, 0.96, Build 21,

12.1.0 build 21 is stable, current development is on 13.1.0 build 14,
could you please reproduce this different problem with 13.1.0 build 14
and then raise a ticket?

(I don't know what 3.1 means).

--
James Cameron