[Sugar-devel] [TRANSIENT ISSUE] 3G-Modem not being recognised

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Nov 23 02:52:12 EST 2012

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 06:08:26PM +1100, forster at ozonline.com.au wrote:
> I repeated these tests

> XO-1.75 and XO-4
> OS14
> Huawei E160E modem
> Imation 8GB memory stick

Is this actually a Memory Stick or do you mean a USB flash drive?

Ajay said pen-drive, and I took that to mean a USB flash drive.

> I was unable to replicate the fault described by Ajay, the modem
> appeared in the frame, both plugged in after boot and before boot
> but for both laptops
> In the first test, memory stick and modem plugged in after boot, the
> frame never got past displaying connecting, even though I could
> browse the net ok

Yes, this is SL #4255.

> In the second test, memory stick and modem plugged in before boot, I
> got to the connected display in the frame but the upload and
> download kB counters never updated past 0 even though I was
> browsing, the connected time did update ok.

Interesting, thanks.  Updated SL #4255.  I've never seen data counters
in 13.1.0 builds.

> I did not try without the memory stick.

I think your tests show that Ajay's problem is likely to be unique to
the pen-drive in use.  Thanks for that.

James Cameron