[Sugar-devel] [TRANSIENT ISSUE] 3G-Modem not being recognised

Jerry Vonau jerry at laptop.org.au
Tue Nov 20 10:57:57 EST 2012

On 20 November 2012 19:33, Ajay Garg <ajay at activitycentral.com> wrote:

> Hi all.
> I have been facing transient issues in getting the 3G-Modem recognised
> (via the appearence of the corresponding icon in the bottom-tray).
> There really is no fixed pattern; sometimes the icon appears when the
> modem is inserted; sometimes not.
> Same is the case when the XO is rebooted, while the modem is inserted.
> Upon booting, sometimes the icon appears; sometimes not.
Think the appearance of the icon in the frame would depend on if the XO was
in a suspended state when inserted, try tapping a key or the mouse to wake
the XO up. I'm seeing my modem being continuously re-detected when resuming
from a suspended state while tailing /var/log/messages,  I'd try disabling
the power management in the control-panel to see if the situation improves.