Renaming the Telescope activity to Scope

RJV jv.ravichandran at
Tue Nov 20 01:34:13 EST 2012

On the downloads page, the text seems to suggest a camera -

This mode allows the user to view the live image stream from the camera.
Furthermore following controls and settings can be set in this mode:

* Capture the image
* Change camera settings like Exposure, Brightness, Contrast etc.
* Delay while capturing the image
* Digitally zoom the live image by 1X, 2X, 3X and 4X

Please clarify as this looks like an impressive activity and I would like
to use it in demos.

Anish, can you guide me offline on the types of telescope compatible etc?

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Anish Mangal <anish at> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have received requests that the Telescope activity [1] be renamed to
> Scope, since, off late it has been used in conjunction with not just a
> monocular, but small microscope attachments (the kind which were
> distributed at the SF summit). In that light, the name Telescope is no
> longer widely applicable to the set of applications it is used for.
> I could see Telescope and Microscope as two different activities in
> the future with different features. For eg, in the Telescope activity
> you could have:
> 1. Dark Frame Subtraction
> 2. High-Gain Noise Suppression
> 3. Enabling the camera's night-mode.
> 4. Crosshairs on the screen
> Right now, none of this exists, and I don't have the bandwidth to
> develop those features. So, until that happens, I support renaming the
> activity to Scope.
> Thoughts?
> [1]
> --