13.1.0 development build 12 released

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Fri Nov 16 19:04:48 EST 2012

The update is done by olpc.fth if the XO is not secured, and we just
re-enabled the ability to do this on XO-4 in os12.    A battery/power icon
will appear if the XO is running without external power and the firmware
cannot be safely updated.

As I understand it, the auto-firmware reflash process was temporarily
disabled to avoid an issue with XO-4 A2 prototypes.  Re-enabling the
reflash process means we can no longer support these early prototypes going
forward.

Very few people outside of OLPC likely have XO-4 A2 units.

---
SJG