12.1.0 on XO-1 customization stick

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Thu Nov 15 12:34:32 EST 2012

Hi,

One alternative is to write a simple script to do this using
sugar-install-bundle.

I put the activities to be installed on the stick.

An example,

#run as olpc
cd /run/media/olpc/xxx #so relative paths work
#remove unwanted activity
rm -rf /home/olpc/Activities/someactivity.activity
#rm activity even if not installed just to ensure clean install
rm -rf /home/olpc/Activities/newactivity.activity
#install new activity
sugar-install-bundle newactivity-1.xo
sudo poweroff #ensures xo will be restarted to register activities

This also avoids the 'signing' issues in building a custom image.

Tony