12.1.0 on XO-1 customization stick

David Leeming david at leeming-consulting.com
Wed Nov 14 18:56:28 EST 2012

Apologies if this issue has been covered already.

I am trying out 12.1.0 on the XO-1 and ran into an issue; to install
additional set of activities on class sets of XOs we have been using the
customization stick method as per

which involved expanding customization-2.zip onto root of a USB stick,
copying .xo files into the bundles folder and then with USB stick inserted,
starting the XO with the lower and right games keys pressed.

I can't get it to work on an XO with 12.1.0  - it shows briefly a process
error before powering off. Perhaps the instructions on the wiki page above
are outdated?

David Leeming

Solomon Islands