13.1.0 development build 9 released

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Nov 5 14:03:28 EST 2012

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> * olpc-update from 8 to 9 appeared to work fine

Thanks for testing!

> * after reboot it offered to update Sugar activities, I said yes, and it froze in the middle of updating Portfolio. There was an error in shell.log, pasted below
> * sshd is not working anymore, worked fine in os8. /var/log/messages says the private host key is not protected enough. It's group-readable by polkitd, is that new?

Tickets for both of these would be appreciated. Both on the OLPC trac
(since the software updater is not mainline sugar, yet).

http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/4108

> * cannot use ping as user olpc: icmp open socket: not permitted. Works fine as root.

Yep, we've had this for a while. There are some complications in
getting the advanced permissions that make ping usable by a non-root
user communicated via our upgrade methods.

Thanks
Daniel