[support-gang] Does Collection Stick work with 11.3.0 ?

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu May 31 00:56:19 EDT 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 11:42:49PM -0400, Nathan C. Riddle wrote:
> Forwarding this per request using "reporting bugs: Quick and easy way"
>
> Bug:  collection stick on XO-1 or XO-1.5 running 11.3.0 does not
> collect serial number and UUID.  Instead, the XO ignores stick and
> boots normally.  Stick does work on XO-1 running build 650 or 8.02

Thanks.

I've just tested 11.3.0 on XO-1 and XO-1.5, using firmware versions
Q2E48 and Q3B22, with the current collection stick, and it works fine.

There are a couple of reasons why the XO ignores the stick and boots
normally:

1.  the laptop is not secured ... so hold down the X game key during
boot and this will temporarily secure it,

2.  the filesystem on the stick is not readable by the newer firmware
version supplied with 11.3.0 ... please check the filesystem with
Linux dosfsck, Mac OS X Disk Utility, or Microsoft Windows scandisk,

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/