legousbtower kernel module

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Sat May 12 20:37:53 EDT 2012

bert wrote:
 > On 07.05.2012, at 19:05, Paul Fox <pgf at laptop.org> wrote:
 >
 > > bert wrote:

 > >> the

 > >> compiling

 > >> Awesome! But the driver is in the regular kernel sources, right? Just not
 > >> configured to be built?
 > >
 > > yes.
 > >
 > > paul
 > > =---------------------
 > > paul fox, pgf at laptop.org
 >
 > I installed (rpm -Uvh) this kernel on top of 883:
 >
 > http://rpmdropbox.laptop.org/f14-xo1.5/kernel-2.6.35.13_xo1.5-20120508.1139.olpc.eb0c7a8.i586.rpm
 >
 > It booted fine, but the touchpad does not work, keyboard does, network does not, lego tower does not.
 >
 > Should I have done this differently? Any advice how to diagnose this, and get the machine working correctly again?
 >
 > Thanks!

did you "cp -a /boot/* /bootpart/boot/" ?   our kernel rpms still
have this "feature" where not quite all the right pieces are put
in place.  that might nor might not be the entire problem -- i hope
so.

(you might try "uname -a" and see if the kernel you ended up booting
matches the above rpm.)

i won't be able to test myself until monday, so you if you simply
want a working machine, go to /bootpart/boot and redirect the vmlinuz
symlink back to the original kernel, and reboot.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org