F17-ARM devel tools

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Mon May 7 16:02:42 EDT 2012

On 08/05/12 07:51, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Yioryos Asprobounitis
> <mavrothal at yahoo.com>  wrote:
>> So, the 3.3.4 headers are fine for the 3.0.19 kernel?
>
> Yes for building userland stuff. Not for building kernel modules.
>
> We aren't currently building kernel headers package splitoff. We should :-/

I've been meaning to report the rather strange hoops needed to build CAN
bus modules on 11.3.1: http://carrott.org/emini/OLPC_SocketCAN

Even after getting the kernel-devel from your rpmdropbox I had to get
the kernel source and replace /usr/src/kernels/`uname -r`-armv7l/arch
with /home/olpc/rpmbuild/SOURCES/linux-3.0.19/arch which came from the
real kernel source.

I haven't tried on 12.1.0 yet, would that be helpful?