legousbtower kernel module

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon May 7 12:13:56 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to connect a LEGO RCX via the RCX 2.0 USB Tower. When plugging it in, it gets listed with name and vendor in the messages log.

However, /dev/usb/lego0 is not created. The corresponding udev rule is installed by Fedora's "nqc" rpm, but it relies on the "legousbtower" kernel module.

AFAICT, it does not work because legousbtower.ko is missing.

This is both on an XO-1.5 (11.3.0) and a 1.75 (11.3.1). The latter at least creates an entry in /dev while plugged in, but it's a generic usb one. On the former I don't see any dev node created when plugging in.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it really just that the OLPC kernel is missing that module? If so, where can I get it? Or do I have to try compiling myself?

Thanks!

- Bert -