[Sugar-devel] Wanting to know a bit of (NetworkManager) workflow upon resume-from-suspend

Sascha Silbe silbe at activitycentral.com
Fri May 4 16:33:04 EDT 2012

Ajay Garg <ajaygargnsit at gmail.com> writes:

[...]
> b)
> Ensured that '/etc/modprobe.d/libertas.conf' contained only the
> following line ::
>
>               options libertas libertas_disablemesh=0
[...]
> f)
> Upon resume-from-suspend, NO ICONS COULD BE SEEN IN NEIGHBORHOOD VIEW.

Interesting.

> g)
> Observations e) and f) were observed, _every single time_.

OK, I suppose you repeated this often enough and using exactly the same
environment and procedures as the other test cases? I.e. you are sure
that it's really specific to libertas_disablemesh=0 rather than just
occurring at random even without the libertas_disablemesh setting or
based on how the suspend / resume was triggered (e.g. idle suspend
vs. lid or power switch)?

I don't see anything in the patch or the module params code that would
explain this behaviour. If it's reproducible, I'll have to dive into it
and debug a bit...

Thanks for testing, BTW!

Sascha

--