[Sugar-devel] Wanting to know a bit of (NetworkManager) workflow upon resume-from-suspend

Sascha Silbe silbe at activitycentral.com
Fri May 4 16:16:33 EDT 2012

Paul Fox <pgf at laptop.org> writes:

> i've cherry-picked 65a5f2b3 onto olpc-2.6.35, and the autobuilder
> did the rest.  this implements a new "libertas_disablemesh" module
> parameter which should keep mesh from being enabled.  please test:
>
>     http://rpmdropbox.laptop.org/f14-xo1/kernel-2.6.35.13_xo1-20120502.1603.olpc.bde819f.i586.rpm

Thanks! Just to be sure: as it's been merged into olpc-2.6.35, all
future official 2.6.35 based OLPC kernel builds will include this patch?

The reason we've not gone the module parameter route so far (in
Dextrose 3) is that we didn't want to divert from upstream (OLPC in this
case) on the kernel level. If it's included now, that concern is
addressed and we can go this route, which IMO is technically the best
option. It avoids all possible race conditions and only needs a single
configuration file to be set up.

Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/