Switching to randomly generated hostnames

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed May 2 03:33:19 EDT 2012

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 3:28 AM, John Watlington <wad at laptop.org> wrote:
> I second this recommendation.   While the MAC address in the manufacturing
> data may not be correct (if the WLAN card has been changed), it is guaranteed
> to be as unique as the laptop serial number.

Talking with Wad about this -- we can fallback from one method to the
other -- pick the MAC address from mfg-data, fall back to actual MAC
address from Libertas if missing. Or in reverse.

Regardless, we need a facility to wait for devices (with a timeout) during boot.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions