[Sugar-devel] Wanting to know a bit of (NetworkManager) workflow upon resume-from-suspend

Ajay Garg ajay at activitycentral.com
Tue May 1 23:40:05 EDT 2012

Hi all.

I'll ask this straight ::

Is there an already tested-cum-recommended method, that could disable
mesh-network, both during reboots and resume-from-suspend?

Possible options (not tested by me) ::

A driver,  encapsulating the patch at
(as per http://dev.laptop.org/pub/firmware/libertas/RELEASE_NOTES)

Query : How can I ascertain if this patch is present on a particular XO-1?

(For Reboot) ::
Add the bootstrap script 'echo 0 > "/sys/class/net/eth0/lbs_mesh"' in

(For Resume-Upon-Suspend) ::
Add the disable_mesh.sh script (at
in "/etc/powerd/postresume.d".

Query : While the (For Reboot) case is guaranteed to work stably every
single time, can the same be said about (For Resume-Upon-Suspend) ?

c) Any other unknown in-the-dark hack.