Switching to randomly generated hostnames

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Tue May 1 13:17:54 EDT 2012

On 05/01/2012 10:29 AM, Daniel Drake wrote:
> As far as I can see, the hostname is not really of relevance to
> anything except avahi.

But from avahi is how the other XO users identify who is online.  I can
never remember which system has which XO-icon color -- but the name (as
shown on hover in Neighborhood View, and by sugar-xos) instantly tells
me who's who.  [As part of my customization, I specify the XO hostname
to match the nickname I entered at first boot upon install.]

mikus