Trac slowness diagnosis

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Mar 29 23:19:32 EDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 09:46:45PM -0400, Saadia Husain Baloch wrote:
> One question: How does the assignee field correspond to an email
> address? Did all those 5500 alias have a @laptop.org address?

Our trac instance still allows creation of accounts before e-mail
confirmation, and there are robots out there trained in the account
creation business.

The accounts are not listed in the administration interface.

Every now and then we have a flurry of ticket updates containing
advertising links, and we respond by adding a pattern to a BadContent
list.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/