Trac slowness diagnosis

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Mar 29 13:53:53 EDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> Nevertheless, if things become very slow again, I think we should
> switch to the text field and benefit from a huge speedup. Will keep an
> eye on it.

The other discovery made here was that the wsgi instance on
dev.laptop.org (an old ubuntu install) doesn't support daemon mode,
meaning that trac is initialised from 0 on every page load. Using a
newer base system would solve this, as it makes trac run more like a
daemon (the main advantage of wsgi).

We may move trac to a new system in the near future which would
include a newer wsgi version and improve things here.

Daniel