12.1.0 devel build 5 released, for the XO-1, XO-1.5 and XO-1.75

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 27 01:41:27 EDT 2012

--- On Mon, 3/26/12, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> From: James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org>
> Subject: Re: 12.1.0 devel build 5 released, for the XO-1, XO-1.5 and XO-1.75
> To: "Walter Bender" <walter.bender at gmail.com>
> Cc: olpc at lists.fedoraproject.org, arm at lists.fedoraproject.org, devel at lists.laptop.org
> Date: Monday, March 26, 2012, 10:51 PM
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:14:57PM
> -0400, Walter Bender wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 6:30 PM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com>
> wrote:
> > > FYI - odd:
> > >
> > > I have an (ext2) USB stick. ?On Linux, or on
> pre-12.1.0 XO1/XO1.5, -- that
> > > stick gets automounted as /media/CAVE
> > >
> > > On 12.1.0.- os5 - XO 1.5 -- that stick gets
> automounted as
> > > ?/run/media/olpc/CAVE
> >
> > This is due to the new filesystem reorg in Fedora 17.
>
> There's a few things to change in documentation then, not
> just ours, but
> also for deployments.  Should we customise our Fedora
> 17 builds to use
> the old name instead?  Or release note it?

Customization maybe needed.
On XO-1/os5 usb sticks are not automouted. /run/media is generated but nothing further. The stick does not show in the frame or the gnome desktop. Does show under Places>Computer but mount fails with operation not supported.
SDcards do not generate  a /run/media (or any other I could find) entry and do not show anywhere on sugar or gnome.
Both sticks and cards mount fine with `sudo mount <device> <path>'
These are with ext2/3 formated sticks and cards