New boot animation for 12.1.0

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Mon Mar 26 11:36:30 EDT 2012

On 03/26/2012 07:33 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> Hitting escape on at least one of the XO-1/1.5/1.75 worked for me in
> my testing, I don't remember exactly which one(s) it was but it was
> certainly working in base testing (ie no modifications, no extra HW).

My setup *does* have extra HW.  I have an USB hub (with a keyboard and a
mouse plugged into it) plus an USB-ethernet adapter plugged directly
into the XO-1.5.  If I unplug either the USB Hub or the USB-ethernet
adapter before powering up, then "pretty boot" completes normally
(system up and running).  It is only when BOTH are plugged in to the
XO-1.5 that the "pretty boot" stalls at the single dot.

mikus

p.s.  Reminder - non-"pretty boot" works correctly.  Pressing escape
once the "pretty boot" has stalled does nothing.

pps.  Richard - when the "pretty boot" appears to stall, I do not think
booting has gotten very far.  Without both USB devices plugged in,
"pretty boot" eventually activates the camera LED (presumably while
initializing the camera).  But when "pretty boot" stalls (with both USB
devices plugged in), I did not see the camera LED ever being activated.
[BTW, whenever booting completes and the system is up. powerd *is* running.]