New boot animation for 12.1.0

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sun Mar 25 17:50:35 EDT 2012

>> I do not think the two-step progression from one dot to three dots is very
>> useful.  Particularly since on an XO with 21005xx1 with both an USB hub and
>> an USB-ethernet adapter plugged in, "pretty boot" stalls with the one dot
>> showing.  [No change after 30 minutes;  no clue as to what the user should
>> do now.]  Note - the same setup with pressing the check button (_no_ pretty
>> boot) will boot correctly to completion.>
 >
> Hit escape and you'll get the output and you can see what it's doing.

That just brings me into "non-pretty" boot -- which I already know will
work.

Besides, hitting escape has to be precisely timed -- AFTER it would
cause a pause at the ok prompt, but BEFORE the boot process stalls.
[Once booting has paused at the single dot, pressing escape does nothing.]

If I wanted to run non-pretty boot -- much simpler to press the check
button as the XO-1,5 powers on.

mikus