12.1.0 devel build 5 released, for the XO-1, XO-1.5 and XO-1.75

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 18:56:21 EDT 2012

The "We are the Knights who say... NI." release.

THIS IS A DEVELOPMENT RELEASE

The release is our first combined 12.1.0 / Fedora 17 release, such a
small release but represents so much time by so many people in both
OLPC and Fedora in the ARM side of things to get a "hardfp" ARM
release.

This is post alpha F-17 so the major churn for Fedora development is
now closed. Also note this release has the "usr move" too. The major
features destined for Fedora 17 can be found here [1]. This is the
first release using the new file naming scheme, details can be found
here [2], it will allow an easier means of identifying builds, in
particular makes it easy to differ a x86/arm build :)

Some of the notable details of this release are:
- First 12.1.0 combined release for all devices :-)
- Fedora 17 devel release [1]
- ARM hardfp release for the XO 1.75 (note old F-14 armv5tel binaries won't run)
- Latest Sugar 0.95.x devel releases
- gnome 3.4 RC
- gtk3 3.3.20 with multitouch!
- xorg-x11-server 1.12 with XInput 2.2 (Mutlitouch).
- plymouth pretty and fast boot
- 3.3 based kernel for x86 XOs
- 3.0 based kernel for ARM XOs
- The latest firmwares
- only 4Gb images, for 8Gb expand the FS, we need to review dependencies for 2Gb
- a lot of various improvements

Download from:
http://build.laptop.org/12.1.0/os5/

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/17/FeatureList