New boot animation for 12.1.0

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Mar 23 13:20:26 EDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> wrote:
> I compared os5 and os883 side by side and os883 is a lot faster to boot.
> I understand is not all plymouth time, but would be good if we can avoid
> increasing boot time.

Make sure you are testing post-first-boot in both cases, with both
laptops unsecured, and no external stuff connected. Since the os5
thing was just a test spin it may also be worth evaluating when a real
build is made.

For me, my local test builds of 12.1.0 boot 10 seconds faster than
11.3.0 build 883 on XO-1.5, on 2nd boot on both laptops. Timed until
the XO figure is rendered on the home screen with activity icons
around it.

Daniel