How to run sugar on ArchLinux

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Mar 20 22:29:53 EDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 02:04:11AM +0800, lite li wrote:
> Hi, James Cameron,
>
> > 1. ?run sugar-emulator, or
> > 2. ?Log out of your desktop, then on the login screen look for a desktop
> > option for Sugar.
>
> Both of them not working.
> Run sugar-emulator, after about 5 seconds, it will exit.
> And desktop option for Sugar also like this.
> Maybe I missing some base activities.

No, missing activities will not cause this symptom.

I agree with Walter.  We need to diagnose together what is happening,
and messages will help with that.  Are there any messages?  If so,
copy and paste them into mail.

Also check the directory ~/.sugar/default/logs for files that may
explain the cause of the premature exit.

You might also contact the ArchLinux packager for Sugar and check for
ArchLinux bug reports listed against the package.  Sugar Labs doesn't
provide these packages, and as Sugar works without this symptom in other
distributions it is most likely that your problem is relating to
ArchLinux packaging.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/