Video chat activity (was: Re: C and Sugar/GTK)

Sascha Silbe silbe at activitycentral.com
Tue Mar 20 17:00:38 EDT 2012

Excerpts from Alex Waterman's message of 2012-03-20 17:59:39 +0100:

> I have been starting some work on a video chat activity for the XO which I
> would like to use C to develop.

Have you looked at the existing Video Chat activity [1,4] already?
Writing a video chat activity is (surprisingly?) a non-trivial task;
there have been several (announced [2] and real [1,3,4]) prototypes so
far, but nothing that can be used by deployments or individual
users. It would be much more helpful to fix up the existing code [5]
rather than starting yet another prototype that will get abandoned
before it's ready for the masses.

> Is it possible to interface with sugar from C? If so, are there any
> tutorials describing the process?

Others have already pointed out the best available resources. If you
need further information, feel free to ask questions on
sugar-devel [6].

Sascha

[1] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Video_Chat
[2] message-id:8106d44e1002120323x5d110424q5e763aaaed50ae34 at mail.gmail.com