[Sugar-devel] Some questions about "root" and "olpc" logins.

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 15:52:00 EDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Ajay Garg <ajay at activitycentral.com> wrote:
> I just compared the "root" and "olpc" logins functioning on os883.img, and
> my F14 laptop; and I am curious about the following things ::

You can lock down access to root in the OS image. For that, and other
customizations, you will want to make your own OS image, with OLPC OS
Builder :-)

   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OS_Builder

There are a few "configuration recipes" there which you can use. I
thought we had one on how to lock down the root user, but it's not
there. We'll probably have to add it :-)

But you're at AC, that means you're clever! You can probably write the
recipe yourself! ;-)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions