Kernel

Kevin Gordon kgordon420 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 10:18:03 EST 2012

Hi folks:

There is a new kernel displayed for the XO1 when a yum update is done on a
vanilla  883 machine.

Being adventurous, I did the yum update kernel separately, then did the cp
- ..... instruction from the readme.

uname -a shows the new kernel is running.

However, it looks to me that the old kernel files remain in /boot and the
.../current ... directories.  Some with '111005' in their name would appear
to me to be the old ones and the new ones would be those with '111026' in
their name

Is there any appreciable advantage to manually removing the old files, or
conversely is there any disadvantage?

Cheers

KG