compiled to .XO

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Fri Jun 29 23:48:19 EDT 2012

> We are also able to run the binary, but I am unclear about
> how we would package this into a .xo activity. Any pointers?

Am attaching an copy of an email I sent earlier to someone with a
question similar to yours.  IMHO that email provides a concise how-to
guide to fashioning a bare-bones .xo package.

[Obviously, your 'exec' line must be appropriate to your binary.]

[The example had a library which was explicitly linked-to from within
that binary.  If your binary does not need any special library, just
leave out the library part from the attached instructions.]

[If your binary *does* need to be supplied with a specific library, move
that library into (for example) the subdirectory itself, then add this
line (without the >) before your 'exec' line
  >  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$SUGAR_BUNDLE_PATH/your-library-name
to indicate *where* that library can be accessed.]

To produce the .xo file, just 'pack' the subdirectory you created.

mikus