XO battery/performance

Richard Smith richard at laptop.org
Fri Jun 29 10:48:29 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 12:19 AM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
> DISCLAIMER:  I am not asking for help; I'm merely sharing my experiences
>

> I have an XO-1 which with recent q2f roms might boot up with the power light
> green, or might boot up with the power light blinking red (and the battery
> icon in Frame claiming "not connected").

Blinking Red is error.  Next time it happens can you please boot to OFW and do

ok watch-battery

Then press a key to make watch-battery exit.  When it exits it will
tell you what the error is.  Please pass that on.

> The last time it booted up with a blinking red power light, I kept on using
> that XO-1 "as is".  After 100+ hours of operation (it *was* connected to A/C
> all the time) the behavior of that XO-1 was perfectly NORMAL (except for the
> blinking red power light).

Sure.  Blinking red is basically the same as if you did not have a
battery installed.

--
Richard A. Smith
One Laptop per Child