On XO-1.5 with 11.3.0/11.3.1 -- hang during shutdown?

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at laptop.org.au
Sun Jun 24 21:16:26 EDT 2012

On 21 June 2012 16:14, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 02:37:35PM +1000, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:
>> On 16 June 2012 17:08, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>> > That means the hang should not exceed 15 seconds. ?Is this what you
>> > find? ?If not, then this casts doubt on your solution.
>>
>> I'm going to propose something extremely hackish: [...]
>
> Just to remind you that I'm still interested to know if the hang you
> observe exceeds 15 seconds or not.  I've not had the time to reproduce
> this hang yet.  Building a mental model of the problem is important to
> me, because I can sometimes resolve a problem if I have a good model.

Yes; we have left it for several minutes and no shutdown has occurred.

If you disable the boot/shutdown animation, the shutdown sequence
stops at this: http://dev.laptop.org.au/attachments/download/914/hang-on-shutdown.jpg

That image is an attachment on the main issue:
http://dev.laptop.org.au/issues/1033

> The XO-1.75 CPU has a hardware watchdog that could be used for this,
> but you aren't likely to ever have a heat problem with XO-1.75.

That is interesting. Why is that?

Thanks,
Sridhar