[Techteam] Announcing Q4D17 for XO-1.75

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Tue Jun 19 07:20:37 EDT 2012

manuel wrote:
 > On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 12:23 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
 > > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Firmware_q4d17
 >
 > Hello,
 >
 > I'm new on this list and I have a question related with the new firmware.
 >
 > Should I do something on my XO 1.75 to get this firmware installed?
 > This is because I thought the firmware is updated after a "fs-update",
 > but I'm not completely sure. I have installed os14 on my XO 1.75

firmware is bundled with releases, and when it is, it will be
installed automatically when you install the release.  that's fine for
many, many people.  in this case, it will always upgrade, and never
downgrade.  automatic installation will never take you "backwards".

you can also install firmware manually:  put the .rom file on a
USB stick, and type "flash u:\file.rom" at the 'ok' prompt.  you
might do this to help with testing, or because you know that the
firmware fixes a known problem you're experiencing.  when installing
manually, you can do a downgrade.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org